Keeping cool with cold coffee
Cold coffee doesn’t have to be just cold brew. Now being served at the shop, espresso tonics and Japanese style cold pour-overs, aka, iced pour-overs, aka flash brew.
Why iced pour-overs? Because we want you to be able to taste what you want, and the flavour that hits you is next level. The sweetness and high notes of a hot brew, without the oxidized feel and taste of a cold brew. Get it fresh, made for you, right when you order.
Here’s our recipe for a Japanese style pour-over:
- For 12oz worth, you’ll need 20g of Modus coffee, 175ml hot water, 175g ice.
- Your ice will go into your vessel, cup, or carafe.
- Your coffee should be fresh ground, about sea salt fine.
- Pre wet your filter.
- Bloom your coffee with double your dry weight (40ml), stir and saturate all of your coffee.
- After 30 seconds slowly pour the rest of your hot water from the center moving outward.
- We use a Kalita 102, and aim for a finish time of around 3:00 to 3:30 minutes. If you stop your pour at about 1:30, you should hit this range.
Swirl your finished iced coffee and enjoy. It’ll get more mellow the more you sip, and the more the rest of the ice melts.